Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Thursday, November 03, 2016

Random Thoughts - Here's what's been going on with me.

- Still waiting to hear back on the many jobs I applied for, including a typist position with the department of law at City Hall. I'm really hoping to hear good news from them, even though I was late for the interview (not entirely my fault; simply put, there are too many goddamn cars parked near City Hall and not enough parking spaces).

- Because I couldn't get enough money together in time, my Bank of America card was charged off, which is to say, I can't use it anymore and I still owe the debt, which is roughly a prime number followed by a few zeroes.

- Part of the money I'd planned to use on the BoA payment (which came from selling CDs I didn't want anymore) had arrived in the mail after it was too late to do anything about it. Figuring that the money shouldn't go to waste, I decided to deposit it in the bank, then wait about half an hour and take it back out to spend on a movie - Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. Now at the time, I have five dollars in my bank account. I try to take the money back out, only to find my transactions declined due to insufficient funds. Given my nervousness about the credit card situation, I get super-paranoid; 'Did Bank of America commandeer my bank account to pay off the debt? Isn't this illegal?' Figuring it's not worth the trouble (and that I have a right to peace of mind), I go home, without a new movie in my eyeballs. I guess it takes them a while to process deposits, because I was able to take some of the money out today.

- Halloween came and gone with more trick-or-treaters than the last few years combined...but still not very many. Looks like I'm not the only one who's paranoid.

- I had hoped to get some money by pawning some stuff I wasn't using anymore, like a mini-DVD player and a TV/VCR, only to find that pawn shops don't take that stuff anymore. How the fuck are you even still in business, then?!

- I get an e-mail from Capital One about my next payment, only to find that the total balance and payment are significantly lower than they've been in months. I can actually make this without too much hassle. Heh, I might even be able to buy stuff with it again, one day.

- As a chaser to this bit of good news, I contact Bank of America's recovery department fearing the worst. Instead, I find that (for now, anyway) I just need to make a (reasonable) payment per month. For the longest, I've been wondering about God having a plan for everyone and how I hope that this isn't it. Now, I still need a job, but I'm actually looking to the future with hope.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home