Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Sunday, September 22, 2019

Maybe getting this down on paper will finally allow me to see the enormity of the situation and that I've been just treating it as a lark.

I’m only a few days away from a Lasik procedure. My eyesight is going to be corrected and they tell me it’s going to be non-fatal, but this is definitely a situation I could’ve easily backed out of. But as I see it, this is definitely one of the situations where I got to prove myself. Being a man is about two things: making choices and owning them and if you can’t do either of those things, you have no business calling yourself a man.

It all started with the Taste of Buffalo and a kiosk offering a free Lasik procedure. I'd often wondered what it would be like to do this and even toyed with the notion. As a lark, I entered the drawing and while I didn't get the free one, I did get a discounted one. (Even with this, I'm still going to do a payment plan.)

Perhaps, it's a psychosomatic thing, but the last few weeks have shown me just how annoying having glasses can be, from constantly having to slip them back on while eating to always making sure there aren't smudges on the lens.

I'd like to think that not having glasses will make me more attractive to women, but who the hell knows?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home