Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Thursday, March 07, 2024

Mary, Mary, quite contrary.

Well, the movie Ricky Stanicky is hitting streaming today, the latest from the once-great Peter Farrelly. Given the bullshit of Green Book winning him two Academy Awards, the trailer made me laugh and the premise intrigued me as far back as when I read the script and the Scriptshadow review back in its Blogger days.

The reviews so far have…not been kind. One review said that the film is a long way from There’s Something About Mary. “There’s Something About Mary is a comedy masterpiece!” It’s been 25 years; a quarter of a century. Are people really still swallowing that man gravy?

All I ask from a comedy is that it make me laugh. If you can do that, you’re in like Flynn. You’re talking to a defender of Kung Pow! Enter the Fist and Land of the Lost. A comedy would have to work damn hard to make me hate it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home