Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Friday, December 30, 2005

Drive-Insane

Went driving for the first time in about eight or nine months. Sure, it was a little nerve-wracking, but it was also kind of fun. I really ought to drive on my own, sometime.

Saw a couple of trailers this morning online. One of them was for a horror movie called Tamara. It's about an unpopular girl who gets killed in a nasty prank. She comes back to life as a dangerous beauty. Pity it's not going to theaters. It is, however, hitting DVD on January 31st. I am so renting it.

The other was for this flick succinctly titled Date Movie. As the trailer touts, it comes from 'two of the six writers of Scary Movie'. This film, ostensibly about a girl (Alyson Hannigan) looking for a great guy, features takeoffs of Meet the Parents, Hitch, The Wedding Planner, Meet the Fockers and Napoleon Dynamite, among others. I'm kind of an easy laugh for these silly parodies (Scary Movie 1 and 3; 2 was runny shit, Not Another Teen Movie), so I'll be checking it out.

Weirdly enough, these resemble two ideas I've thrown around from time to time. I believe the first has a shot at coming to fruition, so let me instead bend your ears about the second. It was a take-off of all those Adam Sandler flicks (mainly the earlier ones) where he played a goofball that, somehow, managed to defeat the villain, save the day and get the girl (in spite of his ineptitude). The formula (which is hardly new, I'm aware) ended up applied to the likes of David Spade, Tom Green and Chris Kattan, which is what inspired the idea. Hopefully, Date Movie will include a shot at those movies. Lord knows they have it coming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home