Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A funny thing about salad.

Yesterday, I went out to the music store in Clarence. Afterward, I went to Chili's for lunch. I thought about the Triple Dipper Meal, but I ultimately settled on the Quesadilla Explosion. It happened to be a salad.

Now, there's been a lot in the news recently about how leafy greens contain traces of E.coli. The waitress asked me if the salad was all right. I'm thinking to myself, 'Why wouldn't it be?'. (I'm one of those guys who reads the paper for the comics and the puzzles, only occasionally drifting toward the front page.) Almost a full day later at work, I see the managers loading greens into a cart and it hits me why the waitress asked.

Never mind how they'd have the products necessary for making salads. I'm not sure if it's a time-release problem, but this was a day and a half ago, and I feel fine.

Kind of like what George Carlin said on one of his HBO specials: "Take a f--kin' chance!" If I may amend that a little, it helps if you don't know you're taking a chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home