Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

"Moichandising! Moichandising!"




"Where the real money from the movie is made!" -
Yogurt (Mel Brooks)




According to Variety, Spaceballs is being turned into an animated series.

As much as I love Spaceballs (even co-opting the name Lonestarr for many a website), I'm unsure how to react to this. I mean, once the stigma of 'OMG! One of my fave movies is becoming a cartoon!!' wears off, one remembers that the film was basically a parody of Star Wars. Worst case scenario, the show is remake after remake of the film (as with Disney's hugely disappointing "The Emperor's New School"), but there was a rich gallery of characters in the film (albeit borrowed from previous characters) and the writing will be supervised by the film's co-writer, Thomas Meehan, so maybe it'll turn out fine.

Incidentally, this title's entry also acts as a reminder (to me and others) that John Morris's fine score will be released by the really cool guys and gals at La La Land Records in a matter of weeks.

Looks like the Schwartz is with me, after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home