Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Worthless.

Yeah. Every other Sunday, I bitch about something. Deal with it.

After a delicious breakfast (which my younger sister paid for), my family and I headed for a nearby Big Lots. I'd passed the place hundreds of times while on the bus, but I never went in.

As I stepped in, the smell hit me. Nothing overly unpleasant, but just...insistently clean, as if it was overdisinfected. That smell strikes me in a number of places, mainly Family Dollar and various 'everything's a dollar' stores. My family saw the place as a supply of useful - if marked-down - items, but I saw it as a dollar store that managed to occupy a larger space.

The home furnishings were fairly dusty, and the whole experience was off-putting. I'll tell you this much: unless there's a gun pointed at the base of my spine, I'm never entering one of those stores again.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home