Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wednesday is new comic day.

Now, the last time I went shopping for comics in the pouring rain, I pretty much cursed my existence and the situation (though, in my defense, it was sunny when I left the house).

In spite of the unpleasant weather, I had a good time today. I picked up some interesting titles:

American Splendor - No. 3: I pretty much came to this title because of the superb film from a few years back. These issues are basically short stories about the life of (and told from the perspective of) Harvey Pekar. This issue starts with a story from Pekar's childhood. It's ultimately a sad story and, I admit, it took me some time to recover. However, a story about Pekar's medication and the calming powers of a cat makes for a nice antidote.

Galaxy Quest - Global Warning: Essentially based on the 1999 comedy, it pretty much follows up on the promise of the ending...a new GQ series is set to hit the air, just as a ship looks ready to invade Earth. Strong artwork and an interesting story make this a title I'll definitely follow up on.

She-Hulk #31: This is a title I've been missing...literally; in the last few months, every time a new issue has been released, it's been sold out. Utilizing an anime-esque art style, the story told of lawyer-turned-bounty hunter Jen Walters and her scrapes with mutant detective agency X-Factor. Maybe I need to get the issues I've missed, but it's wonderful to have a new issue of "She-Hulk" in my hands again.

Teen Titans Go! - Truth, Justice, Pizza: A collection of early issues of the comic. Some of the lines are a tad cheesy, but fans of the show and comic will enjoy it.

This post reminds me of a feature I've been meaning to start up here. Hopefully, it will be soon.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home