Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Monday, July 28, 2008

"Internet?"

If you're by now thinking, 'Why can't he update this blog whenever he's happy about something?', two things: a) I'm lazy and b) That makes two of us.

The good news (and, believe me, I looked hard for the silver lining): "The Fairly Oddparents" is getting a season set DVD release. The bad news: it's the unpleasant pod-person version of the show, not the hilarious near-masterpiece I fell in love with.

According to TV Shows on DVD, the fall release will comprise of the newest episodes of the show. These are the ones starring the chillingly popular non-entity, Poof. One would think it impossible to match the lameness set by the previous era, where Cosmo morphed into Stanley Roper, but never underestimate the power of writers with total contempt for their viewing audience.

It saddens and depresses me to see talents like Tara Strong, Daran Norris (whose current voice for Cosmo is a front-runner for the most annoying sound in the world) and Susan Blakeslee (among others) being forced (there's no way that these - I assume - intelligent people would willingly submit to this crap) to work on what used to be an entertaining program.

When I say that I could shit a better show, that's not so much a vulgar exaggeration as it is a scientific fact. That this is getting released and not any of these (or, God forbid, the superb first season) says a lot about the state of entertainment today.

I'm not an atheist, but with news like this...I'm getting there.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home