Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Sunday, August 17, 2008

"You say 'coke', I say 'caine'."

For the first time in I genuinely don't know how long, I went bike riding today.

The feel of traveling up and down the streets was exhilarating...and tiring. I've let myself go too much (I'm not one of those disaster cases one would find on 'Maury Povich'; at a distance, I look pretty thin, but when you get up close, it's pretty noticeable).

I couldn't believe how winded I was when I returned home. The time I took lying on my porch trying to recuperate was just as long as the actual bike ride.

Working in a place where I'm around food all day has definitely taken its toll and I get the sense that a heart attack (this will be number two in my lifetime) is imminent.

BTW, the title of this post is one of my all-time favorite song lyrics from Queen's "Bicycle Race". (I've also taken my real name off the posts. One day, when I'm famous, I don't want to be too haunted by what I've posted here.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home