Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Monday, July 13, 2009

I went to the Taste of Buffalo yesterday (I also went Saturday, but that was for a few moments; had to work soon after). In spite of the crowds, I had a nice time. I even devised a grading system for the various food items:

**** - I need to go to the restaurant and order 10 of these...now!
*** - A damn fine meal.
** - It's okay.
* - Yeah...what's in the fridge?

Crab Cake and Bruschetta Combo (Bings) - Quite delicious. The bread was crisp, though I probably should have taken smaller bites of it. ***

Chocolate Chip Cakie (BW's Barbecue) - Very light and tasty. Hard to believe that it was one of the 'healthy options'. ***1/2

Lasagna Rollups (The Como) - A bit too much sauce, but very enjoyable. Good use of cheese. ***

Mandarin Chicken Pasta Salad (Craftsmen Cafe) - ...it cleanses the palate well enough. **

Buffalo Chicken Wing Soup (Danny's Restaurant) - I don't love Buffalo Wings like a lot of others, but this was good. **1/2

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pie (Danny's Restaurant) - Very nice mix of two favorites. ***

Poutine Fries (Jim's Steakout) - I've already tried these, but this Canadian dish of fries, gravy and cheese is hard to resist. ***

Chicken Makhani with Basmati Rice (Kabab and Curry) - A good meal. Could've strongly benefitted from some salt. **1/2

BBQ Spaghetti (Lafayette Tap Room) - Tasted like regular spaghetti to me. Too hot and no cheese. **

Pulled Pork Nachos (Merchant St. Smokehouse) - Very appealing mix of cheese and pork. ***

Junkyard Dog (Ms. Goodies) - Throngs of people gather every year for this...and with good reason. Fish, coleslaw, fries, tartar sauce and hot sauce wrapped in a pita. How can you go wrong? ***1/2

Banana Pudding (Ms. Goodies) - More banana and less coconut would work better. **1/2

Chicken Empanadillas (Papi's Family Restaurant) - I liked the empanadilla more than the chicken. **1/2

Zebb's Brownie (Zebb's Deluxe Bar and Grill) - In the last two days, I've gotten three of them. That clear enough for you? ****

I had to leave because I ate too much...but damned if I'm not raring to go again next year.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home