Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Monday, October 12, 2009

After thinking about "Sit Down, Shut Up" (arguably the best new animated show I've seen this year*) and "Drop Dead Diva" (arguably the best new live-action show I've seen this year), I thought about logging in to TVShowsonDVD.com so I can get news about when they might be coming to DVD. I logged back in, but I couldn't go through with signing up for e-mail notices. Two reasons supported this onset of reluctance:

a) I get enough reminders already from that site (Why do I need ten e-mails about the last season of "Scrubs"? Moreover, who gives a shit about compilation discs for "Futurama"?!).

b) This is one of the greatest tragedies of living in the internet age: no one can be surprised by fucking anything nowadays. Why rob myself of one of the few surprises that life can offer?

* - I'm not being unreasonable here. After all, the competition is "The Goode Family", "Glenn Martin, DDS", "DJ and the Fro" and "The Marvel Super Hero Squad"...but I gotta say, after the whole 'Cleveland Junior' spiel last night, "The Cleveland Show" shot right to #2.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home