Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Technology hates me.

As I'm sure I have, I've regaled you of my recent troubles with my computer. I really, for a variety of reasons, need to get a new one. Surprisingly, this isn't the only technological problem I've faced of late.

My CD player, which I bought used and provided me with many years of loyal playing, decided to break down. The faultiness is unique: it won't play a CD all the way through. There could be a couple of tracks left and it freezes up during the penultimate track. As an avid film music lover, this is a real pain. I'm utilizing another player that I had years before. No problems with this one other than the fact that it doesn't show the elapsing track time. Maybe I'm too used to that luxury from every other player, but I definitely need a new one.

As you may or may not know, daylight savings started today (spring forward). Last night, before bed, I tried to reset the time on my watch. The battery (or the watch itself) shorted out, treating me to a weird little digital light show before freezing up with an indecipherable pattern where the time should be. Earlier today, I decided to tinker around, hoping that the time would return. (BTW, it's worked before.) To my relief, it did. For the moment, my watch registers the time. Not sure if I still need a new one, but, right now, I'm cautiously optimistic.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home