Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Monday, November 24, 2014

In yet another example of me being born too late, this is an ad from 1981 showing a Friday night of programming on the CBS Late Movie.


This comment, from user 'jpowell1980', pretty well sums up my temporal envy:
"When I was around 11-13, I would have the good fortune of my Mom going to bed around 10:00 on Friday nights, with my Dad having fallen asleep on the floor in front of the TV. I would hop on my bike to go to the Zippy Mart to get some sodas, candy, and comics - then I'd be back in time for the CBS Double Feature, starting off with The Night Stalker. After that, if I was lucky, the late movie would be a horror flick (like The Posessed or The Devil's Rain, etc). TV really meant something back then."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home