Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Another taste.

Yep. I went to the Taste of Buffalo this weekend. Both days, as (much with film music) I use food as a substitute for companionship.

Well, let's get to the recapping:

Crab Dip (Joe's Crab Shack) - The spiciness of the chips nearly overpowered the dip, but I quite liked it.

Loaded Tater Tots (Bar Louie) - I heard about these at the Taste website and of course, as an avowed lover of tots, I had to try them. The peppers were a curveball, to be sure, but still, quite delicious. Glad I got the smaller portion.

Jack's Garlic Pan Bread (Jack Astor's Bar and Grill) - Definitely a dish made for the smaller portion option, with its garlic butter sauce.

Bleu Heron Burger (Riverstone Grill) - I still think this could've done with some condiments, but with the blue cheese and onion crumbles, that may have made a bigger mess. Very tasty.

Moink Balls (J & L Blvd BBQ) - First of all, it was a ball. Singular. Also, it was underwhelming, given the name. A meatball in barbecue sauce. Good, but meh.

Peanut Chocolate Cream Pie (Danny's Restaurant) - One of these days, I need to try this in-house. A wonderful dessert.

Crab Rangoon (Papaya Restaurant) - Not really an official Chinese dish, but still good, helped by the sweet and sour dipping sauce.

Lobster Crab Dip (Jack Astor's Bar and Grill) - If I had to choose a superior crab dip, this would be it.

Fried Chicken Dumplings (Taste of Siam) - Least in show for me. Edible but bland, not quite redeemed by its ginger soy sauce.

Voodoo Chicken (Bar Louie) - God, these people love their spices. Chicken chunks, salami and peppers atop a bed of rice.

Brownie (Zebb's Deluxe Bar and Grill) - It's a brownie and they're always tasty. It's why I get two every year.

Okay. Definitely looking forward to doing this again next year.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home