Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Saturday, February 27, 2016

If I picked the winners...

Picture: Popular opinion dictates that the big award will go to Mad Max: Fury Road...even though I didn't think it was the Best Picture of the year.
Actor: Cool as it would be for Cranston to win this, Di Caprio has deserved this as far back as Catch Me if You Can.
Actress: I didn't see any of these movies, but if I were to follow the buzz...Larson.
Supporting Actor: Didn't see any of these, either, but it wouldn't be right to go against a sentimental favorite: Stallone.
Supporting Actress: Despite a wonderfully nasty turn by Leigh, I really think that this is Vikander's award.
Director: Gonna be a close race between the grueling, Tom Hardy-starring outdoor adventures, but I think it'll go to George Miller; sort of a career valedictory and a just reward.
Original Screenplay: Inside Out.
Adapted Screenplay: The Martian, full stop.
Cinematography: Another year, another upset by Chivo. What can you do?
Art Direction: If Fury Road sweeps, this will likely be one of the casualties, but most of the action takes place in the sand. That's Art Direction?! I'm voting for The Danish Girl.
Costume Design: It may be tempting to say Fury Road and move on (especially in the wake of a sweep), but I believe they're gonna want to give something to Carol.
Editing: This, on the other hand, is definitely going to Fury Road. I just have a feeling.
Original Score: Heard Sicario on Spotify and was summarily unimpressed; this took the slot of Inside Out (...and Crimson Peak and The Danish Girl and Cinderella)?! Carol getting Carter Burwell his first nomination is the best thing I can say about it. I'm not like those boors whining about how similar it is to Philip Glass; the music just wasn't as strong as his work on Mr. Holmes. Basically, this is a three-man race. Bridge of Spies, The Hateful Eight and Star Wars: the Force Awakens are all worthy, but I think it will go to Ennio Morricone.
Original Song: Unlike last year, there's nothing I can think of that would be worthy of the award, in or out of the category. Maybe..."Manta Ray".
Make-Up: Let's go crazy and say The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared.
Visual Effects: Mad Max: Fury Road; a nice mix of practical and pixelated.
Animated Feature: Of course, it's going to Inside Out, but like I said, a win for When Marnie Was There would be a great personal victory.
Animated Short Subject: Yet another case of 'it's the only one I've seen': "Sanjay's Super Team".
Live-Action Short Subject: "Shok."
Documentary Feature: Probably Amy.
Documentary Short Subject: "A Girl in the River: the Price of Forgiveness".
Sound: Fury Road.
Sound Effects Editing: See previous.
Foreign Film: I dunno...Son of Saul?

See you tomorrow.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home