Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

A long time ago, I reviewed Basil Poledouris's Cherry 2000 for "My Favorite Scores" (and no, I don't know when the next review will come out). In said review, I noted that the film's title was used for no less than three different motifs.

Listening to the score yesterday, I noticed that the love theme for E and Sam can be sung to the lyrics 'I don't need a Cher-ry two THOU-sand!'. (This is especially noticeable 2:48 into "End of Lester" when the melody blares triumphantly for Sam going back for the pinned-down E.) Maybe Poledouris planned this or maybe, it was a happy coincidence. If the former, he missed his calling as a songwriter.

This is the second lyrical discovery I made this year. The first is when I noticed that the 'la-las' of Jonathan Elias's Children of the Corn theme sing out 'He who walks behind the rows'. Film music is so magical.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home