Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Monday, July 13, 2020

Now, as you may or may not know, I love film music. In the years I've been doing it, one truism that I always come back to is that a film score without a theme or themes is just meaningless noise.

In listening to a handful of Chuck Cirino scores like Relentless Justice and Deathstalker II, as well as Harold Faltermeyer's The Running Man, it strikes me as strange that composers who deal primarily in synthesizers understand this, yet those who work with orchestras just couldn't be arsed.

Hell, even in a replacement score only to be heard on a VHS of the movie, the composer offered up a professional job, as with Kendall Roclord Schmidt's score for The Crimson Cult.

[This is where I would've posted the suite of Schmidt's music, if the uploader hadn't made the video private. This version of the film is available on DailyMotion. I can't do everything for you.]

Mark my words, when it comes to my movie and TV projects, people are going to be drowning in themes.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home