Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Now you see me...

So, today was New Year's and guess who had to work today? Go on, guess!

Surprisingly (to say nothing of thankfully), the place wasn't quite so busy. People were more than likely sleeping off their hangovers. Let me tell you, if I had been drinking...if I had decided to get drunk...and left the house...and didn't have to work today, I certainly would've been sleeping off my hangover.

Interesting thing at work: during my break, I had a muffin. I started to choke on it a little and coughed up a bit of the apple juice I'd been drinking with it. The only other person there was two seats away, jabbering on a cell phone. After I compose myself, I lick up the juice from the table; no sense letting good juice go to waste, right? And still, the girl yaks away.

So, what's more disturbing: that the girl didn't notice me choking or that the girl didn't notice me lapping up second-hand juice? I'm telling you: my invisibility is driving me nuts.

Another conundrum: if people treat me like I don't exist, do I, in fact, exist? And if I don't, would I have the the power (and, more important, the will) to twist it to my advantage? Would I have the sack to, in fact, play God? Note: I have no desire whatsoever to be God. I would just be playing. No harm ever came from playing, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home