Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Monday, December 10, 2007

"Adventure's waiting just ahead."

I think it's a safe bet that, by now, much of the free world has seen the trailer for next year's Speed Racer. Apparently, it was shot the Sin City way (i.e. on as little real sets as possible, leaving CGI to pick up the production design slack). In spite of my constant whining about how Hollywood leans too strongly on CGI, I think it looks to be an amusing little diversion. (I certainly know of the show, though I've never watched it, gleaning my knowledge mainly from uproarious parodies done by "Dexter's Lab" and "Saturday Night Live's" TV Funhouse, neither of which can be found online. Shit.)

Still, there are (several) others out there who consider the trailer a nightmare to the eyes, ears and mind...but, especially, the eyes. My strong belief on the matter is this: any society that would make Transformers one of the new century's highest grossers, then turn around and piss and moan about the overly-colorful nature of a Speed Racer trailer is circling the porcelain at mach 5 (see what I did there?). Really, this goes past hypocrisy to mental retardation and back. (And this is coming from a guy who saw an advanced picture of the cast of Scooby-Doo in costume and was ready to call it the worst film ever. Some of us learn from our mistakes and some don't.)

And does John Goodman look just like Pops or what?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home