Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Random thoughts - Transformers 2 edition.

Yes, I saw it. For free, but I saw it.

- Maybe it's the fact that I was expecting this film to suck, but the supposedly humorous stuff that people were complaining about (Mrs. Witwicky on grass, the two Car Car Binkseses) had no affect on me. In fact, I found Mudflap and Skids more unnecessary and annoying than offensive...and you're talking to a black guy.

- Apparently, Grey DeLisle voiced Arcee. As a DeLisle fan, I hope she was well-paid for her, what, two lines of dialogue? Maybe it was three. Maybe I'm being generous.

- Frank Welker voiced Soundwave...who sounded like he was less interested in destroying Earth than he was in killing Inspector Gadget.

- There sure were a lot of Male Eye shots of Megan Fox: running in slow-motion, changing clothes for no reason, on a bike in short-shorts...and then you get a shot of John Turturro's ass in a thong. I'm getting some mixed signals here, I got to say.

- Unless you borrowed a Neuralizer from the Men in Black, I can't possibly see how anyone is expected to cover up mass collateral damage caused by giant fighting robots.

- The scene where that blonde chick who was really a - wait for it - robot in disguise and she was shedding her human skin...I don't care how deviant I sound with this; that was freaking hot.

- Michael Bay directing an effectively tense suspense scene? Yes, it happened. Sam and Mikaela hiding in the hovel. Who knew he had it in him?

All in all, I didn't love or hate Revenge of the Fallen. I nothing the film, though that didn't stop me from making these observations.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home