Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Friday, July 13, 2012

1:14pm

I check my Twitter account. Maybe some of the celebrities I'm following know of cool parties to get into. Nothing yet.

2:02pm

On my way to Ballroom 20 for the "Psych" panel. I've only seen a handful of episodes but James Roday and Dule Hill make a very funny team. I really should see more.

A volunteer worker puts up a rope. "Sorry. We're full."

Myself and about 200 others groan in disappointment as we are forced to find other ways of amusing ourselves.

3:10pm

If there's one thing I can do well, it's living vicariously through other people and I can't wait to hear about people who remember the movies of 1982 better than myself (it's hard to know about the year's genre movies when you're but a baby).

The quotes from the movies fly fast and furious. I have managed to see some of the movies on cable, but it's hardly the same as actually seeing them in theaters.

4:12pm

People watching. It's hard not to stare at the people that come here. Some guy's dressed in the same scorpion jacket that Ryan Gosling wore in Drive. As much as I didn't care for the movie, I've got to get a shot.

5:01pm

I'm about to sit in on the "Luann" panel. Hey, I love the strip and its creator, Greg Evans, was really nice when I met him on '10...

I see Angelica go into the room next to me. The panel? "The Most Dangerous Women at Comic-Con". Oh, what the hell? I might learn something.

5:57pm

Didn't learn a damn thing, but I did enjoy myself. I fight my way through the crowd and approach Angelica.

"Hello."

"Hey." She seems to be searching her memory for me. I'm sure a lot of guys have talked to her-- "When somepony tries to block, show them that you rock."

"Yeah."

"Well, I've got a panel to get to."

"Me too." Lost in the fog of talking, I almost forget... "Is there some way I can contact you?"

She shakes her 4G Samsung. "You on Facebook?"

"Twitter."

"What's your handle?"

I shake my badge. "And yours?"

"It's 'artbyangieg'."

"Cool. So, I'll see you."

She shrugs. "Maybe."

Who knew it was this easy to talk to someone, much less a girl? What was I so afraid of?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home