Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Monday, July 09, 2012

Random Thoughts - The Taste of Buffalo '12.

- The Spanish Yellow Rice with Pigeon Peas (from Papi's Family Restaurant) was, once again, too damn delicious to be a 'healthy option'.

- Maybe I needed a bigger portion, but the BBQ Bleu Burger (BW's Barbecue), while filling, fell short of great.

- New to the Taste this year were a quartet of food trucks. One of them served a burger topped with peanut butter and bacon and bore the apropos name 'the WTF Burger'. Ultimately, I opted for the Rocky Road Brownie (R&R BBQ Food Truck). Not even the presence of marshmallow fluff could ruin the overall deliciousness.

- The Potato Cheddar Casserole (Carmine's Restuarant), while a little too hot, was marvelous; best-in-show, for sure.

- I also tried the Seafood Bisque (The Original Soupman). I think I might want to visit the restaurant, especially as I have a coupon.

- As I did every year, I snagged a Junkyard Dog (Ms. Goodies), but the overabundance of hot sauce brought down my enjoyment...as well as the day. (Of course, this could've also been the fact that I was wearing pants on a 90-degree day and that I was lugging around a raincoat for a storm that never came.)

- The Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie (Danny's Restaurant) has become a tradition, by now, and it was as good as ever.

- I remembered enjoying the Spring Rolls (Saigon Cafe) last year and gave them another go, but the creamy sauce I was expecting was replaced with this clear topping that wasn't as good.

- The next day, with a pair of shorts and renewed energy, I returned. First stop: the Vietnamese Fried Wontons (Papaya Restaurant). Delicious with or without the dipping sauce...and so good that I returned for seconds before I left for the day.

- Speaking of seconds, I returned for more Potato Cheddar Casserole.

- It had been a while (a container of Perry's Ice Cream many years ago), but I really enjoyed the Cake Batter Ice Cream (Anderson's).

- The Crab Cake & Sicilian Cigar (Bing's) was delicious, and I'm surprised that the mixture of respective toppings (Remoulade sauce and melon salsa) grew on me.

- Of course, I couldn't leave without a Chocolate Brownie (Zebb's Deluxe Grill and Bar) or two.

- At a certain point, I just wanted to get rid of my tickets. I decided to sample the Cheesy Chicken Pasta (MaGavin's Restaurant and Pub). It wasn't ready yet and I figured I could move on, but then, it was. I'm glad I waited. Very tasty.

- Following that, I tried a Brasciole Slider (Orazio's Restaurant). Again, an issue of portions, but pretty good.

- The Lobster Crab Dip with chips (Jack Astor's Bar and Grill) was - literally - finger-licking good.

- I picked up a Chocolate Chip Cookie (DiBella's) that I, after a couple of pieces decided to save for later.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home