Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Birthday wishes.

My 32nd birthday is but hours away. It took me quite a while to turn in a list of what I wanted. This, of course, is because, as I get older, I find that my family can't give me what I really want, so I give them softball requests like socks and gift cards.

What I'd wish for if I had any inkling that wishing works in real life (and they say you shouldn't outright state your wishes if you want them to come true, but no one reads this blog, so it's pretty much the same thing as not saying what you want):

1. a girlfriend - I suppose that I could wish for friends; maybe someone who could gradually become a girlfriend or someone who could hook me up, but at this point, screw the middleman. I want to screw.

2. a bottomless bank account - I love traveling. I love buying soundtracks. I love eating. How am I supposed to pay for these things that I love? Hint: it ain't hope.

3. a stronger spine - Throughout my life, I've never had the courage to go after the things I want. It happens every so often, but I wish I could be as bold as others, especially people younger than me. It kills me reading about people younger than myself succeeding and I think to myself, 'what could I have done at that age?'

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home