Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Well, the Oscar shortlists are out. If you really want to see them, just look for them. I've seen them and, for a number of reasons, I'm not that impressed.

Here are what my ballots would look like for the various categories:


Best Original Score

Terence Blanchard, Da 5 Bloods

Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, Mank

Alexandre Desplat, The Midnight Sky

Daniel Pemberton, The Trial of the Chicago 7

Bruno Coulais, Wolfwalkers*


Best Visual Effects

Birds of Prey

The Invisible Man*

Mulan

Tenet

Wonder Woman 1984*


Best Make-Up and Hairstyling

Bill and Ted Face the Music*

Birds of Prey

Mank


The nominees with asterisks were, inexplicably, not shortlisted. Seriously, how the fuck do you not nominate The Invisible Man for Visual Effects? Or Bill and Ted Face the Music for Make-Up? I just don't get this.

Oh, the shortlist for Original Song was also released, but I could give less of a shit about that category. Nothing interests me at all.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home