Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Sunday, March 30, 2008

"And I'm in pain...and I'm still hysterical!"

Well, I went to the hospital yesterday morning for my chest pain. After a number of examinations (blood work, X-rays)...I found that I can't die from what I have: musculoskeletal pain.

According to WebMD, my condition is defined thusly:



Musculoskeletal pain is pain that affects the muscles, ligaments and tendons, along with the bones.

Muscle tissue can be damaged with the wear and tear of daily activities. Trauma to an area (jerking movements, auto accidents, falls, fractures, sprains, dislocations, and direct blows to the muscle) also can cause musculoskeletal pain. Other causes of pain include postural strain, repetitive movements, overuse, and prolonged immobilization. Changes in posture or poor body mechanics may bring about spinal alignment problems and muscle shortening, therefore causing other muscles to be misused and become painful.



I have been having back problems as far back as December. I'm not above thinking that the two may be related. I'm taking medication to ease the pain, and failing that...I really don't know.

Thankfully, I'm still alive.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home