Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Learning something new.

Now, it's been a long time since I've been to high school. Ten years, to be exact.

I was quite intrigued to hear about an open house, allowing me to see what had changed in the last decade.

The school had been closed down for a while and I figured, maybe there was some work done.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, could've prepared me for what I saw inside.

Glass windows from nearly every classroom that allow one to see into the gym. Shortcut bridges. Some of the fanciest computers gracing the labs. Graphic novels in the library. The first floor cafeteria (which was once the basement band room and small gym; the floors were labelled 5-4-3-2-1 as opposed to 4-3-2-1-basement).

Needless to say, it was as if I'd stepped into an alternate world. I couldn't help but be envious. I can only imagine how lucky the students are to have such a modern and distracting facility in which to learn. I really don't think the me of today could've done as well as the me of the mid-90s...and I wasn't exactly an honor student, then.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home