Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Thursday, April 19, 2012

'R.I.P. Dick Clark. From the Bandstand to the Pyramid, from Bloopers to New Year's. America's oldest teenager will live forever.' That was the tweet I left yesterday (yes, I'm on Twitter now). A regular feature at Buzzfeed is a collection of tweets where people ask 'who is dick clark'. This following in the footsteps of 'who is paul mccartney' (following the Grammys, for fuck's sake!) and 'who is billy crystal' (following the Oscars).

I'm no master of the internet (yet) but you'd think that Google was still functional. Maybe, these people are foreigners who have genuinely not heard of these people, but I think it's way more likely that these tweets come from people who spend their days counting the seconds until the next Transformers movie (like Battleship) and their nights getting caught up with "Jersey Shore" and "Toddlers and Tiaras".

It's just a hop, skip and a jump to 'who is debbie reynolds' or 'who tf is ernest borgnine'...and then, I'll have to give serious consideration to killing people.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home