Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

So it seems that John Carter is one of the (if not the) biggest box office flops of all time. As much as it breaks my heart (so far, it's the best movie I've seen all year), I can't say I didn't see this coming. Complete unfamiliarity with the source material + practically non-existent advertising = how could one not see this coming?

Some of the reviews were no help. I'm still galled by the fact that Owen Gleiberman gave the film a 'D' in last week's Entertainment Weekly, yet, not two pages later, he gave a 'B' to Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar Movie. If any critic deserves the Slappy Squirrel treatment, it's him.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home