Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Saturday, March 03, 2012

Comic-Consolation.

This morning, badges went on sale for San Diego Comic-Con. It seems that the people running the Con have learned quite a bit from last year's imbroglio and adopted a more organized style of selling the badges.

They went on sale at 11am EST. I missed my chance, mainly because I was at work. I wasn't as upset as I was last year, nor was I upset as I could've been. I had read the FAQ on what was to be done and realized that I'd have needed to block out a good three or four hours to wait for my opportunity.

This job has, more or less, cock-blocked me on this hoped-for ritual. Even if I wasn't working today and even if I was able to score a four-day pass, other people in my department have scheduled vacations for the whole of July. If this doesn't convince me to make a change in my life, nothing will.

Maybe it's for the best. The Twi-tards will likely be attending en masse. It's just a trip that separates me from around $1500 and it's not like I'd have run into a group of "How I Met Your Mother"-style "Wooooo!" girls who'd be willing to do 'anything with anyone'. Maybe.

At the very least, I could always post a fake trip just like I did last year. That worked out pretty well, don't you think?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home