Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Friday, 12:01am

The shuttle bus just dropped Angelica off. We talked quite a bit about our favorite things. I don't know if this is just a friendship or if it's...more. I've never been good at reading signals. Whatever happens, happens, I guess.

The bus stops at the Days Hotel. A little logy, I stumble off the bus. I'm a little upset that my body just wants to sleep, because my mind wants to listen to the cool CDs I picked up while reading some of the free comics I picked up.

I'm lucky if I make it to my room without collapsing.

9:08am

I guess I just needed a good night's sleep. My CDs and comics are (somewhat safely) stored away in my room's dresser drawer. The bus is almost here. I steady my backpack so as not to smash the muffins I nicked from the continental breakfast. I was in a hurry and couldn't really see what I was taking. No time like the present.

Chocolate chip, banana nut, blueberry...fine. I'll deal with it. Small price to pay to have enough money for other stuff.

9:23am

The bus stops at Town and Country Resort. Amongst the eager cosplayers, Angelica boards, her 'Yay' t-shirt (the one that I bought for her) catching my eye. She smiles at me. There seems to be genuine affection behind this one. Cool.

10:11am

I wait around the convention floor before my panel starts. Just ahead is someone dressed like Merida from Brave. To my immediate left, there approaches someone dressed like Katniss from The Hunger Games (which I still haven't seen for the curious). From the right comes Hawkeye.

I'm not the only person who notices this. No fewer than thirty people whip out their phones. A tidal wave of flashes and clicks overwhelm the trio. I feel for them, but at the same time, Hollywood is culpable for this perfect storm. Who knew that archery would make for an interesting character trait?

10:51am

This "Dan vs." panel is a riot. The chemistry between the actors is palpable. I shouldn't check my phone, but I can't help it. I check my Twitter feed:

artbyangieg: Just got out of MLP panel. Waited for someone but he never showed. WTF!?

Yeah, she might be a little mad.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home