Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

4:57pm

"Why did you run away from me before?"

"You really don't remember last year?"

As clear as yesterday. "I'd forgotten about it."

"Come on." She starts to walk away.

"Where are you going?"

"My next panel starts in a few minutes. I don't want to be late."

"You're on a panel?"

"Please be smart about this."

"Well, I need to get to a panel, too, but we still need to talk."

"Catch you later."

"Definitely."

5:06pm

With all the things that could go wrong, it's a miracle of science that movies even get made. Still, there are those projects that never hit air. I'm about to hear about some of them. Not a lot of cosplayers here. Just serious (and curious) film fans like myself. Neat.

5:35pm

Saw some footage from Jodorowsky's Dune. I've only a passing familiarity with the David Lynch movie, but this sounds even more nuts. And now, someone mentioned the pilot for "Heat Vision and Jack". Interesting.

I glance a few rows ahead. No way. Angelica's here, too? Well, duh. She loves movies. Of course, she'd have a fascination with those that didn't get made.

6:04pm

Taking a few minutes to rest before my next panel. Hey, there goes Valk. What's he running after? Two security guards are chasing him. Hope they don't catch him. Who knows what that could do to my trip?

6:47pm

Simon Kinberg is being interviewed about X-Men: Days of Future Past. It's rather intriguing hearing about how the film came together.

"How the hell did Kitty Pryde get time-travel powers?"

I'm sure that would've come up, but I think the MST3K mantra comes into play: 'Just repeat to yourself, 'It's just a show/I should really just relax'.'

7:32pm

'Rotten Tomatoes Critics vs. Fans'

The urge to defend The Lone Ranger and R.I.P.D. is too strong. Do I dare go for it and risk the scorn of the crowd?

8:29pm

Fuck yes. As the panel lets out, the people passing me either shake their heads, insult me or point and laugh, which you'd think would be discouraged at a place like this.

8:52pm

God, the city looks nice at night. I'd consider coming here at a non-Con time of year, but it just wouldn't be the same.

Not that far from curfew. I'd better go back.

I see Peggy at the shuttle stop. I rush up to her.

"Hey."

"Hey."

"Good day, huh?"

"Yeah. Went to 'How to Be a Nerd for a Living'."

"That sounds cool."

"Then, there was the 'Gravity Falls' panel."

"Yeah, that was awesome."

"Then, there was 'The Witty Women of Steampunk' and 'Archer', then 'Orphan Black'."

"Cool." I really should go for it. "So...where are you from, really?"

"Delaware. You?"

"New York."

The bus pulls up.

"One of us should get on."

I start to move my feet, but she gets on first.

"Catch you later."

9:43pm

I'm back at the hotel, enjoying a burger and fries. Another good day down. I can only wonder what tomorrow will bring...and whether I should worry about what happened to Valk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home