Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

This journey is over...

...or, 'Suck it, superstition!'

These last couple of days were spent finalizing one of my most exciting, frustrating, exhilarating and educational undertakings. My video, "A Man for All Seasons" is completed. And that was but one part of this fine day.

Apparently, Media Play is going out of business and their CDs are 60% off...and this includes soundtrack CDs. Walked away with a wonderfully diverse haul; could you imagine buying "Van Helsing" and "Winged Migration" in the same trip?

Then I get back to the city and head to the media arts center where I've been assembling the project for the last seven months. Yesterday, I tried to send it to the host site through Final Cut Pro. No go. That night, an idea hits me, but I keep it in my head; on a day like this, the fates were working overtime, and for something that matters so much to me, I'll be damned if I jinx it. The idea? Import it through iMovie and a digital camera. Had to cut up the finished feature for the sake of transitions, but the basic idea is there. If this is what filmmaking is like...I want more. (The video, by the way, can be found here.

Celebrated my triumph at Friday's. Those Chicken Finger BLTs, while a little tough to chew, are very delicious.

This is, perhaps, one of my best days in a while. Here's to more like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home