Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Sunday, July 21, 2013

12:47pm

Yep. The line for Ballroom 20 is too long. Damn. Well, I may as well do what the 'How-to' guides tell me to in situations like this.

I turn to what looks to be a human version of Lady Rainicorn.

"Nice costume."

"Thank you."

Okay, that's all I got. I check my phone. Half-steam. Gotta deal with it.

I take a look around. Lot of Avengers cosplay. That stands to reason.

1:02pm

More people seem to be gathering at the back of the line. Sad that some of them are to be disappointed.

Huh. Speak of the devil...

One of the volunteers carries a sign along the length of the line. Anyone who's waited in line for Ballroom 20 knows what this means. My breath catches in my throat. Where will he stop?

He's getting closer to me. Come on. I'm not even here. Don't stop yet.

I close my eyes.

He sets the sign down...about 30 people behind me. The people behind the sign groan loudly. Sorry, but this is how it must be.

1:25pm

The line starts to move. The crowd gathers into the room. So awesome. If only Angie were here to see this.

2:39pm

That was some panel. "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." is going to be so awesome. From the roar of the crowd, I'm not the only one.

Must keep the comic book merriment going. Off to Room 5AB for the "Spotlight on Bruce Timm". He truly has a way with character design.

3:46pm

Okay, now what?

Don't know if I should try to buy anything. I only brought so much loose cash to blow.

I check the schedule. "Bob's Burgers" panel in the Indigo Ballroom at 4. I've grown to love this show (despite the insufferability of Louise and especially Gene). Okay, boredom over.

4:59pm

From one beloved animated series panel to another. Room 25ABC. "China, IL". Surprised but elated it's getting another season.

5:55pm

To the surprise of many, I bolt up from my seat the moment the panel ends. Much as I enjoyed it, there was someplace I needed to be...

6:00pm

Smashing. There's still seating available for the 25th Anniversary panel for Who Framed Roger Rabbit. I sneak in and take a seat at the back. Looks like they're midway through an animation test reel.

Amazing how the footage looked before its integration with the live material.

It's almost enough to make me wish I could draw. Oh, well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home