Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Friday, July 25, 2014

Saturday, 7:38am

Okay, Dexter and Valk are gone. What the hell am I supposed to think about this?

The other Convicts are waking up.

They look around. They don't say anthing, either. I guess none of them want to end up as victims. Good call, really.

8:22am

Well, I'm showered and almost about to get dressed. I grab my badge. There's a Post-It on the back: 'Bat zipline - 12:30'. Curioser and curioser.

9:09am

French toast and sausage. Awesome.

9:44am

I drew '4'. Still waiting for the bus. I hope I don't miss the first panel.

10:12am

Unlike the guy from Thursday night, the guy at this door is cool. I guess everyone else - and I mean everyone else - wanted to crash the "Simpsons" and "Phineas and Ferb" panels. Meanwhile, here I am at the 'Why Not Serious?: Comedy vs. Drama in Animation' panel.

My thinking is that animated drama won't sell. Got no problem with that. Still, I might learn something.

10:56am

Interesting panel. Next...a conflict. I flip a coin.

Tails.

11:05am

I really enjoy the "Ninja Turtles" cartoon on Nickelodeon...making it unfortunate that the coin didn't come up heads.

Still, I love me some "Regular Show". The crowd goes up in an 'Ohhhhhhhhhh!'. This is going to be a lot of fun.

11:48am

I was right. A preview reel and a script read. Plus, someone asked if Eileen would be featured more. The answer...'maybe'.

Okay, that someone was me. I'm still giddy.

12:06pm

Okay, this was new: Harley and Ivy as Anna and Elsa. Of course, I'm getting a picture. Even with that eye-popping sight, I'm still nervous about this meeting...and even more at the zip-line.

12:24pm

Here I am in line. Should I have been here at 12:30 exactly or am I too early for--

"So, you got my note."

"Lila?"

"That's the name...sort of."

"Why did you want to see me?"

"You're curious about what happened to the others, aren't you?"

"A little."

"You ever see the movie 21?"

"Yeah."

"Bingo."

"What, Glen was banned from coming here again?"

"Most likely. Just keep your eyes open. He might be planning something."

"Okay. By the way, why'd you want to meet me up here?"

"'Cause I wanted to try this, duh." Lila gets hooked in. I try to turn back, but the crowd gets unruly.

"Comic-Connnnnnnnnnn!" Well, she's enjoying herself.

"You next?"

"I guess."

I get strapped into the harness. My heart pounding in my head makes it hard to hear any of the directions the guy is giving me.

"Remember all that, and you'll be fine."

Might as well jump.

A loud, unmasculine scream comes out of me. I'm not afraid of heights, but this is too much to handle.

The people below are certainly looking at me and wondering if a human can really make such a noise.

I'm collected by the guy at the bottom. Somehow, I lived.

12:52pm

I needed to sit down. After what just happened, I wasn't in any mood to move.

1:04pm

I love movie trailers. Produced right, they allow a glimpse at the filmmaking climates of the time.

'Warner Archive Collection: Trailers from Hell Live!'

The lights go dim. The first trailer begins. I feel like I should have some popcorn with this panel.

1:56pm

I head for Ballroom 20 for the "American Dad" panel. Holy balls, this line is crazy.

You know, screw it. I'm starving.

2:23pm

La Puerta. Southern Cal Burrito. There is no substitute.

As I tear into it, I hear a voice.

"Room for one more?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home