Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Friday, July 20, 2012

2:23pm

I nervously take a seat across from her. Her brown eyes bore holes through me.

"You're probably wondering why I wasn't at the panel?"

"The thought crossed my mind, yeah."

"Well, there was the 'Dan vs.' panel at 10:30. As a fan of Better Off Dead and "Kids in the Hall", it would've been delinquent of me not to go."

She gives me a hard look. "You're lucky I'm also a fan of Better Off Dead. How was the panel?"

"Pretty good. The footage looked really good. Really funny. How was the My Little Pony panel?"

"I'm sure it's on YouTube already."

"So, you're not gonna tell me?"

"You could've been there yourself."

I flip through the pictures on my phone. I slide the phone over to her. Angelica's eyes goggle.

"Are those Katniss, Merida and Hawkeye...together?"

"Perfect storm. I missed the panel, but I got this. Decent trade-off."

"Please send me a copy."

I shrug. "Okay."

As I send the picture off, I notice a plate of nachos next to her. Not sure how I missed that the first time around.

"You bought that from one of the vendors?"

"What? I was hungry."

"And obviously rich."

"Excuse me. A girl can't get something to eat?"

"By the way, have you read the comic 'Fanboys vs. Zombies'?"

"No. I heard of it, but I didn't want to jinx the trip here."

"It's really good." I pause for a moment to process what she just said. I know I couldn't have heard that right. "Do you really think that this place could be overrun with zombies?"

"Hey, anything's possible."

I can't help but scoff.

"So, riddle me this: if your mom turned, would you kill her or let someone else do it?"

"You're really gonna Shaun of the Dead me?"

"I am."

I think it over. After a few moments, it dawns on me that, no matter what answer I give, it's gonna inspire a raised eyebrow. Ah, to hell with it. "I'd let someone else do it."

"You'd let someone kill your mother?"

"Or 'you'd kill your own mother'? It's a no-win scenario."

"It's the end of the world. Of course, it's a no win-scenario."

"So, where are you off to, next?"

"I was thinking the 'Peanuts' comic book panel. You?"

"The 'Robot Chicken' panel."

"Really?"

"It's funny. What, you don't like it?"

"Put it like this: one of the episodes had someone remark that it's all 'farting and retards'. It's like the show was razzing itself for me."

"Fine."

"Double fine."

The two of us sit in silence for a while. I really don't want to leave her on a negative note.

"There's a 'Black Dynamite' panel afterwards, so that'll be cool."

"Oh. That sounds like fun."

"You liked the movie?"

"Kills me every time."

"Great. Catch you later."

"Sounds good."

I take off. Definitely want to browse for comics first.

3:12pm

Watching the footage from the newest season of "Robot Chicken". Okay, so Angelica was kind of right. It's still pretty funny, though.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home