Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Thursday, July 31, 2014

12:49pm

I run like a madman out of the convention center. I must look like a freak to the people walking around...the people dressed like various characters of TV and film. Work with me, here.

A car pulls up in front of the center. The window rolls down.

"Get in!"

"Glen?"

Security's nipping at my heels. I dive into the back seat. The car peels off.

I glance at something wrapped in plastic. Action Comics #1.

"What the hell is this?"

"Oh, that's just something I picked up."

This ain't hard to figure at all. "You stole this!"

"I stole it back from the son of a bitch who stole it from me. Fair is fair."

"Well, Billie Jean, your little mission could get us arrested."

"That's a hell of a way to say 'thank you'."

"I've never been in trouble with the law before. Why would I say thank you?"

"I'm really getting this from the guy who went onto Craigslist looking for Comic-Con tickets?"

"Fair point."

1:22pm

My luggage sits on the curb in front of the hotel. Kind of a miracle nothing was stolen.

I grab my things and head back into the back seat.

"Does this car go to the airport?"

3:35pm

Sucking down quesadillas at the airport. Not the most auspicious ending to this year's Con, but, hey, at least I didn't get arrested.

I glance up at the television screen. There I am again.

I guess this meal is to go.

4:22pm

My flight doesn't leave for another three hours. Not sure I can avoid detection for that long. Still, getting a taste of awesomeness for a few days only to have it cruelly snatched away from you when you need to return to real life...isn't that what Comic-Con is all about?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home