Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Friday, July 27, 2012

7:54pm

Ghirardelli Ice Cream and Chocolate Shop. Went here two years ago. No better time to come back.

I'm so wrapped up in my Chocolate Brownie Sundae that I barely notice Angelica not eating her Banana Split.

"Not liking the Split?"

"What's your deal?"

"I'm sorry?"

"You know about me, but what do I know about you?"

"What do you want to know?"

"Are you planning on doing anything with your life?"

"I hope."

"And what does that mean, 'I hope'."

"I want to be a writer."

"Have you written anything?"

"Short stories. Some fanfics."

"Anything I've heard of?"

"Probably not. There was one story I did that got some notice at Fanfiction.net."

"What was it?"

"Well..."

"What?", she says, loud enough to attract attention from other chocoholics.

"It was a 'Twilight Zone' fanfic."

She gives me a hundred-yard stare. "How do you fanfic that show? With no recurring characters, except maybe Rod Serling?"

"You know the episode, 'It's a Good Life'?"

"A classic."

"Watching that episode last New Year's, an idea hit me. What if Anthony Fremont were a sexually frustrated teenager?"

Angelica gives me a look that's somewhere between awe and shocked disbelief.

"The story's better than I make it sound."

"You've got to send me that link", she blurts out, almost on the verge of laughter.

"Can do." I return to my sundae. Hey, I don't want it to melt before I can enjoy it.

8:44pm

Angelica and I stomp around the Gaslamp District. Looking for a party. Looking to hang out. Hell, just looking.

She drags me toward a parking lot where there seems to be a rave happening. People dancing to some thumping techno track.

"Come on! Let's go!" She struggles to be heard over the music.

"No, thanks! I don't rave!"

"Neither do I!"

I shake along as best as I can. I guess she can see that I have no rhythm, as she grabs my arms and guides me into a groove.

9:22pm

"You looking for a party?" Some blonde says to us.

"Yeah!" I try to nod, but I'm still a little worn out from raving.

"Right this way!"

At this point, I just want to crash in a nice, soft bed, but Angelica drags me along. The happy faces and bright lights fade into one big blur. I wish I could say that I remember what happened next, but...I just can't.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home