Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Thursday, July 25, 2013

12:06pm

Crap, crap, crap! This line is ridiculous, but there's no volunteer planting a flag, so I'm safe.

Shit! Speak of the devil, he shall appear. I close my eyes again.

He stops four people behind me. So close.

What's this? The line's moving? Marvelous!

12:12pm

Turns out the "Once Upon a Time" panel ran long. The "Futurama" panel is just getting started. Awesome how that worked out.

12:26pm

The newest episode, "Saturday Morning Fun Pit" gets shouted down by the crowd. Screw the lemmings. I stand up.

"It was hilarious!"

Now, it's my turn to get shouted down by the crowd. Goddamn lemmings.

12:55pm

That one bit of unpleasantness aside, what a fantastic panel. Good Lord, I'm gonna miss this show.

1:02pm

The "Cartoon Voices" panel gears up. I'm just so giddy at the familiar names (and voices).

2:29pm

I will never get tired of witnessing a voice actor jam session. I figure I could try back at Ballroom 20 for the "American Dad" panel or I could hit up the convention floor.

2:33pm

Ah, the convention floor. So very much to do and see and buy. Good God, that woman dressed as Hello Nurse...whoa! Must get a shot.

2:41pm

I stop by booth 2000 (the right one) and chat up "Love and Capes" creator Thom Zahler.

I've got the nerve. I've got the money. As such, I'm gonna ask for a picture I've long wanted to see: Abby's sister Charlotte as a superheroine. I get the sense she'd love it a little too much, but it must be done.

3:27pm

Awesome picture. I'm gonna cherish this. Off to the Paul Dini panel. If he's as witty in real life as his writing, I'm in for a treat.

4:24pm

What a great panel. I could listen to Dini talk for hours. Now, I'm on my way to the Sails Pavilion.

4:33pm

I prepare my DVD sleeve of Better Off Dead (though, sweet Jesus, do I wish they used some less ludicrous cover art) for a signature from none other than Monique herself, Diane Franklin.

Oh, man, it's my turn.

"Hello", Miss Franklin says. Wow. She doesn't seem to have aged much over the years.

"Hi." I present the Better Off Dead sleeve. "I love this movie."

"Thanks. I love it, too."

"I just wish they used a better cover for the DVD."

She laughs a little. "Yeah." She signs John Cusack's forehead. "Well, thanks for coming."

"Thank you. Have a nice day."

I walk away, almost on air. I mean, it's not like I had a crush on her or anything, but she was very nice.

4:48pm

The cosplay here is nuts. Powdered Toast Man. A dachshund dressed as a Jedi. Tetris pieces. Sexy Puss in Boots.

Thankfully, I capture them all on digital...film. Kind of.

There has to be something to do soon. Better check the schedule.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home