Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Monday, July 29, 2013

12:46am, Sunday

Damnit, it happened again. I feel around. My arm is pinned under something. I try to move my other arm. I feel the smoothness of the sheets beneath me. I'm in a bed. Is it mine?

I try to glance over. I can see the convention center. I guess it is mine.

I allow my hand to try to lift what's trapping me. Okay, this feels very much like flesh. Soft flesh.

A woman on top of me. I've dreamed of this moment for so long. That's not to say I'd be prepared. I mean, I came prepared. I just didn't know what I'd do if it really happened.

The woman moans as she shifts a little.

My free hand seems to move of its own accord. It runs its hands through her long hair.

The woman rolls over. She almost slips off the bed. I grab her before she falls and pull her back onto the bed.

"Thanks", she murmurs.

Okay, even though its slurred from the effects of sleep, I know that voice.

It can't be.

I reach for the pocket flashlight on my key chain. I shine the light on the backboard.

As the French might say, 'Holy merde!'

Angie.

I'm not going to lie. I've wanted this ever since I first saw her, but I was kind of hoping that we were less...you know, drunk.

I inch away from her, but she slips her arms around me, like I was some stuffed animal.

Okay, what the hell.

6:23am

The sun peeks in through the curtains. Angie's draped around me like before. Not having much of an affinity for drinking, I wouldn't know how long the effects of alcohol last, but I assumed that they'd have worn off by now.

I glance down. As ever, I'm a bit of an early riser, myself.

The last thing I want to do is give her a poke.

I roll over, giving myself a mild sprain. I fall off, not having judged how much free space I had.

At least, I landed on my back. I crawl back into the other bed: mine.

7:44am

I wake back up. I glance over to Angie. She seems to be sleeping soundly.

Now, I've done some things I'm not proud of, said a lot of things I'm not proud of, thought a great many things I'm not proud of.

More often than not, I feel like I could never deserve a girl like this in my life, even though I'd really like to have one.

I really hate being so lonely.

8:34am

"Last day of the Con!"

I see Angie standing over me, fully dressed.

"Better get dressed. Breakfast'll be here soon."

I stretch out and yawn, dragging myself out of bed.

Last day of the Con. Shit.

9:22am

I finish my breakfast. Angie's long gone. Is she avoiding what happened?

Can't say I blame her too much.

10:16am

Stalking the convention floor. Trying not to buy anything without Angie. Why does there have to be so much cool stuff for sale?!

10:42am

The Hub display, where you can talk about your favorite pony. May as well step right up.

I get in the booth.

"My favorite pony is Fluttershy. She's sweet, kind to animals and in spite of her timid nature, believes in doing what's right."

All right.

11:16am

artbyangieg: 'Holy shit! Can't believe what I just saw at Breaking Bad panel #SDCC'

Okay, that explains what happened to Angie.

As for me, I'm going to the 'Cartoon Voices 2' panel. I just know it's going to be fun.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home